Wednesday, June 18, 2008

World Champ!






This is my cousin Jeff Skiba. Jeff is not only a high jumper, but the paralympic world record holder. He broke his own world record on May 1st of this year and became the first paralympian to clear the 7 foot mark with a jump of 7 foot 1/2 inch. Once he clears 7 foot 1 1/2 inches he will qualify for the able-bodied olympics. In high school he won the state high school high jump championship. Below are some links to some pretty cool articles on him. I just thought I would brag about my family...












13 comments:

Carolyn said...

oh wow, your family are so beautiful! 6 years and 5 kids..wow
I have 3 kids, they are my sweethearts ;-)

Melanie said...

That is amazing and extremly brag worthy. Congrats

Aimee's Family Journal said...

How! How! How! That is so great. I loved that youtube video. I'd tell the world!

rachel said...

AMAZING and INSPIRING! I think I'll brag about that to people and I don't even know the guy!

Robynne said...

That is so cool!!! At first I thought you were joking about him being your cousin, but I see he really is Jeff Skiba! That is really amazing!!

bekki said...

How amazing is that. My boys thought he had the coolest leg. You should be so proud to be related to him.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I just tagged you. Check my blog for the rules!

Linz said...

Wow! He is an inspiration!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Grandma Jo said...

That was fun to read about Jeff. I remember when he was a little kid and he kept jumping off of the picnic table at the park. I thought for sure he was going to get hurt. He has come a long way from the picnic table.

Heidi said...

That's awesome! And I love your new family picture at Lake Powell!!

~*JILL *~ said...

john and jess i love that new picture of you guys at lake powell! your kids are getting so big!!!

Jen said...

WOW. That is wonderful. I would brag too. He deserves some bragging!

Sheri said...

Have you seen the Home Depot commercial that has been airing during the Olympics? There is some great footage of jeff.