Friday, April 4, 2008

Quince, Little Buddy....Maxwell!


Jaremy and Tara had their cute baby boy arrive right on his due date. My secret wish was granted and he waited until12:30 am on March 31st to be born, which is my birthday. My mom sent out an email in the middle of the night stating "Quince" had been born. So the next morning there was a discussion amongst all the siblings on how to pronounce his name. Robynne told her kids it was like Dr. Quinn with an "s" sound at the end. John told me it was Quinc "ee" for John Quincy Adams. Russell said is was Spanish for fifteen. So I called Jaremy the next day and told him of all the pronunciations we had come up with. I finally asked him, "So how do you pronounce your son's name?" All along, I could he Jaremy chuckling and laughing. He finally said, "That is not my son's name!" I didn't believe him at first because mom wrote it on the email. He finally explained that dad had previously called him Quince because he was going to be the fifteenth grandchild. Since J & T had not picked a name yet, Mom just wrote that on the email to announce that he had been born. Later on, J & T sent out another email calling him "little Buddy" because they still had not picked a name. So Scott and Suzanne were calling him Little Buddy. But the cute baby boy finally came home today and he now has a name of Maxwell Jaremy Flake. We are so happy for them, especially since now the Flake line will continue. Maxwell is the first Flake boy. Congratulations!
P.S. J & T have some really cute photos of Maxwell sleeping with Jaremy and a close-up that is adorable, but for some reason every time I upload onto my blog, their faces are blue. They are really blue, like in the Blue Man Group. If anyone knows how to fix this, just let me know.

3 comments:

Linz said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! And that is a great name story!! I had a nephew born on my birthday last year, and it really is such a special thing to share! Congrats again!

Aimee said...

What a great smile! It's so fun to see sweet little newborn pictures, and how fun to share a birthday with him. Your blog looks nice too!

Robynne said...

Yay, you're blogging again! Nice update on our CUTE nephew! We can't wait to meet him!!! :)